List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML
From:       John Murphy <john () jjmurphy ! com ! au>
Date:       2010-08-04 8:07:23

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 04:48:13 pm Frank Thieme wrote:
> I really hate this kind of attitude, getting things for free (both ways),
> ranting about not supported features that are realized in all other programs.
>
> So I say: do it yourself, pay someone for doing it, wait for it to be done or
> simply switch to any of the other programs.
Well, I'm sorry you hate that attitude - I don't hate anybody, but I do distrust purist / elitist \
attitudes such as no-HTML-in-mail. Everywhere I see elitism it causes trouble - after all, it always aims \
for exclusion of some kind. I would like to see HTML fully functional in KMail because I like it for lots \
of other reasons and I would like to see it succeed in the greater marketplace and KDE with it. KMail is \
fast, reliable, elegant and is under constant development and integration - what more could you ask for \
except full HTML functionality.  As I've said elsewhere, I don't actually use HTML - but I'd prefer it \
were there for those that do, and those that have to have it working. Crying shame that it has to be \
abandoned for inferior clients because it doesn't fit with the greater environment (see last post from \
Anoop). Regards,
johnM