List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML
From:       John Murphy <murphyjj () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2010-08-04 12:33:02

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:08:48 pm Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> the above could have been said more
> politely.  Which is what Frank reacted to and when I first read your
> reply, it didn't sit well with me either.
Point taken.
It was meant to convey resignation and some irritation at the lost opportunity for KMail (see my other \
notes in this thread if interested). No demand was meant.
And BTW, for other followers of this mostly academic argument, Bug 86423 has 2460 votes and has been \
going since August 2004. Doesn't matter though, because to quote Ingo:
> Moreover, it's not
> very likely KMail will ever fully support this as no KMail core
> developer is interested in HTML messages.
So much for voting - it looks like 2460 of us just wasted our time.
As said - I like KMail very much, I'm just sad that its potential will not be fully utilised and it will \
never gain a wider user base. That in itself of course, puts it at risk.
Regards,
johnM