List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML
From:       Frank Thieme <frank () fthieme ! net>
Date:       2010-08-04 6:48:13

Hi!

First things first: I haven't had in mind to upset anyone - I'm sorry for this.

I was just a bit pissed by the comment of John Murphy.

Ingo made clear, that no developer is working on his problem and probably no
dev is interested in HTML mails.

I can understand this, because I receive HTML mails all the time and I can
hardly remember a mail that used HTML for a good reason.
OTOH I even receive eMails with attached Office documents that contains simply
text with no markup at all.

That's why I supported the standpoint of the devs.

The part that did upset me was this:

> Marks KMail as a snobby, only-techies-welcome client.
> I did think opensource was about choice - but not in some areas it seems.
> Still, I suppose we should be thankful we have basic HTML - and
> spell-checkers.

Seems like nobody read this and my reply to it.

But hey, it was way over the usual 160 chars ;)

I really hate this kind of attitude, getting things for free (both ways),
ranting about not supported features that are realized in all other programs.

So I say: do it yourself, pay someone for doing it, wait for it to be done or
simply switch to any of the other programs.

Bye...Frank

BTW: anyone using fedora 13 and having a crashing pinentry?