List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] It shouldn't be this hard
From:       Art Alexion <art.alexion () verizon ! net>
Date:       2010-05-24 20:43:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday, May 24, 2010 01:59:05 pm upscope wrote:
> On Monday, May 24, 2010 02:54:11 am Art Alexion wrote:
> > On Sunday 23 May 2010 12:01:29 upscope wrote:
> > > no way to edit my default address book
> >

> > Is it marked read-only in kaddressbook?
>
> If your talking about the Kaddressbook files under .kde4/apps and
> config. NO the permissions on them are same as other files in those
> directories. User is the owner and has read/write permission.

No, sorry for being vague.  When creating a new addressbook from an old vcs
addressbook, there is an option (checkbox) to make it read-only.  I suppose
this is because the developers expected users to want create a native
addressbook for future addresses, and just keep the old book for archival
purposes.

--
Art Alexion