List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Problems with KMail attachments
From:       Anne Wilson <annew () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-07 12:39:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I'm running Fedora 11, withe Qt4.6.

I don't recall having this problem until recently, but 2-3 weeks ago I started
to have problems with viewing attachments in KMail.  An attached .pdf, for
instance, tells me

Unable to run the command specified. The file or folder file:// does not
exist.

What could be causing this?  It's not file associations - I checked that.  It
seems that whether the attachment is a .pdf or a .wmv, I am offered a context
menu more suited to a URL.

There's no point in raising a bug report if it's caused by something stupid at
my end :-)

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group