List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] slate.com/rss liferea works,
From:       Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot () pcartwright ! com>
Date:       2009-02-08 21:04:51

On Sun February 8 2009, Frank Osterfeld wrote:
> > SO, Kontact-feeds: slate.com/rss doesn't work.
> > liferea: http://www.slate.com/rss WORKS FINE.
>
> Cannot reproduce your problem with 4.1.2 nor trunk, but I have no 3.5.x
> setup around to test it there. The "Doesn't exist" message on an RSS url
> (and not a HTML url with feeds linked in it) usually means that Akregator
> couldn't parse the feed, usually broken XML. Which often happens e.g. if
> there is an unescaped "&" in the article text. Can you access the feed via
> konqueror?

there are no special characters in the URL, just www.slate.com.
but konqueror also had a problem. When I typed: http://www.slate.com/rss I got
this back :
http://feedproxy.feedburner.com/slate
Not Found
The requested URL /slate was not found on this server.

yet www.slate.com works fine in Konqueror. so what does this mean?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800