List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Problem with Kmail after upgrade to KDE 4. can't
From:       "Claus Hausberger" <CHausberger () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-01-14 10:16:30

Hello

I upgrade to the latest OpenSuse 11.1 with KDE 4.1. Before I used OpenSuse 8.2 with \
Kmail from KDE 3.

I made a backup of the old $HOME/Mail folder where all my Emails are.

In order to upgrade my old Emails to the new Kmail, I try the following things, all \
without much success.

1). I tried to import the backup with the Import feature of Kmail 4. That didn't \
work. Only about 10% of the old emails were importet.

2) I copied the old Mail folder to $HOME/.kde4/share/apps/kmail/mail.
That worked better. I can see all my emails. But there is a problem with emails in \
subfolders.  When I click on them the subject changes to "No Subject" and the Sender \
changes to "Unknown". Before clicking on the email, the information was correct. I \
did a search via google and found the advice to delete the index files. But that \
didn't work. After that, all the mails in the subfolders were gone and the folders \
were empty.

I still have the original backup, of course.

Any idea on what to do to get all my Emails into the current version of Kmail that \
comes with OpenSuse 11.1?

best wishes

Claus

--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a