List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] distribution lists missing after upgrade to KDE
From:       Emanoil Kotsev <deloptes () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-09-30 21:12:55

Hello,

this discussion made me laugh and cry at the same time. Guys, thank you for this, \
because I'm thinking all the time that there is something wrong in the whole thing, \
but well it does not cost money and each of us knows something about computers, but \
well I agree it is not recomended for people who are not that good in compputers.  \
I'm also interested how do you think that we can propagate linux and kde if a lot of \
things do not work or stop working after an upgrade.

And please _do_not_ abuse the "political correctness" because some developers \
solution make me think of very cruel tortures from the time of the inquisition :-D

It was really good discussion.

thanks and kind regards

> On Monday 29 September 2008 17:20:07 Mike Arthur wrote:
> > Sorry, can you stretch the window as wide as possible
> so I can see the full
> > XML-RPC URL.
>
> Should have thought about that. Here you have the full one
> > )
>
> Damnshock
>
> "where can I find it":
> "Well, it's in the kde SVN under
> branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kabc/kabcdistlistupdater"
>
> That developer should be shot at dawn. Don't you people
> realize that
> there are users out there who actually *use* this stuff!
> When their
> systems get "upgraded" automatically and they
> suddenly lose their 100 or
> 1000-name distribution lists, they are somewhat UPSET.
> Referring them to
> an SVN repo isn't going to help. How can we expect to
> convince people to
> actually use this stuff if you make bone-headed blunders
> like this and
> then compound the bone-headedness by refusing to make it
> fixable RIGHT
> NOW if not sooner?

the best part - great :-D