List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Remote calendar and addressbooks
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-01-22 22:08:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Andreas Petzold wrote:
> Hi Anne,
>
> Quoting Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com>:
> > On Tuesday 22 January 2008 13:32:23 Andreas Petzold wrote:
> >> When I add folders to either my IMAP or dIMAP account by using the
> >> "Add Subfolder" context menu, the dialog window looks like the
> >> attached picture. In the "Folder contains:" drop down list, you
> >> can choose from "Mail","Calender" etc.
> >
> > Attached is what I see.
>
> strange. What version of kmail are you using? I'm using 1.9.6
> (enterprise 0.20071204.744707) on fedora 8 and on RHEL4. According to
> the kdepim rpm changelog kde-redhat switched to the enterprise branch
> on 2007/09/21 and that was after I got the IMAP resources working, so
> I guess this should work also for the non-enterprise branch.

I've looked at the source code and I must admit that I'm very confused.
Some things in the code don't make much sense to me. Anyway,
the "Folder contains:" drop down list is only shown if two conditions
are met:
- The IMAP resource functionality is enabled.
- An account is selected for "Resource folders are in account".

Now if you are wondering where to find "Resource folders are in
account", then change "Format used for the groupware folders" to Kolab
(XML). Then "Resource folders are subfolders of" will magically
transform into "Resource folders are in account". Quite intuitive,
don't you think. Not!

If you now select your dIMAP account (e.g. the GMail account) then KMail
will inform you that it will create the resource folders below the
INBOX.

Anyway, none of this did help. YMMV

> >> It sounds like you are almost there! Lets try to get the address
> >> book working. Activate Contacts -> Settings -> Show Extension ->
> >> Address Books. What does it show? In my setup it shows the
> >> following tree:
> >>
> >> imap address book (which is just the name of the imap resouce)
> >>
> >> |_ <dIMAP account name>[/<Folder names>]/Contacts

I remember seeing this in the past. But it doesn't work anymore. Maybe
my configuration is borked.

> >> If the second branch is not showing up, somehow the IMAP resource
> >> doesn't know which folders to use. This might be remedied by
> >> assigning the correct contents type to the groupware folders as I
> >> explained above, but that's just a guess.
> >
> > This is looking very discouraging.
>
> If Ingo or someone else doesn't have any ideas I'd say you should try
> 'kolabwizard'.

It's definitely worth a try. For my first tries I've also used the
wizard, but I was sure that on later tries I managed it without using
the wizard. But that's ages ago. Maybe I should try it with an
unspoiled user account, some time ...

Regards,
Ingo