List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] gmail imap, kmail, and groupware
From:       Gandalf Lechner <gandalflechner () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-21 15:00:27

Hello everybody,

I am trying to set up groupware functionality for my GMail account. As someone
described in an earlier post, I set up the account as disconnected IMAP,
enabled groupware in Kmail, and now have the (empty) folders calendar,
contacts, etc., showing up. My question is: How to tell Kmail to store my
contacts, calendars, feeds etc there?
In the kalendar component, there is the possibility to add a new resource, and
I picked "calendar on IMAP server via Kmail" (or similar, I am using the
german version). But when doing so, the field where I expect some
configurations (server, login, password, etc...) remains blank. Is this a
known bug, or is there some workaround?
When it comes to my contacts, I don't even see how to add an address book
which is not stored locally. (I see an option to "save contact in ...", but
when I select it, nothing happens)

Am I missing something here or are these features just not complete yet? Or is
it a problem with the packages I'm using (Kubuntu 7.10, KDE 3.5.6, Kontact
1.1, KMail 1.9.6, KOrganizer 3.5.6) ?

Has someone successfully set up something like this using GMail? Or maybe
someone has a suggestion of a better free option to do this (For example,
folder names seem to be restricted in GMail)  - any help appreciated.

Best,
Gandalf