List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Remote calendar and addressbooks
From:       Andreas Petzold <Andreas.Petzold () mailbox ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2008-01-18 19:14:19

Quoting Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com>:

> On Thursday 17 January 2008 17:23:19 Anne Wilson wrote:
>> On Thursday 17 Jan 2008, Andreas Petzold wrote:
>>
>> > * The dIMAP account does only subscribe to the groupware folders
>> > (contacts calendar etc.)
>>
> I don't understand this.  I have no contacts or calendar folder under the
> dImap account.  I must have missed a step.  And since this is the main point
> of the exercise, I have to find it.

I cannot remember that I ever created the groupware folders myself,
I'm pretty sure it was done automatically. As Ingo already said, you
could manually create them. The folder names are: Calendar, Contacts,
Journal, Notes, Tasks.

>> How/where does the subscribing happen?
>>
> OK - right-click on the dImap folder.  I have subscribed to a few
> folders that
> would be handy when I'm off-line.  That list of folders shows up in both
> Local Subscriptions and Subscriptions.  When I tried to remove them from
> Subscriptions they disappeared from Local Subscriptions.

In my setup the dIMAP account subscribes only to the groupware folders
and it doesn't have any folders locally subscribed.

>> > * The online imap account does not subscribe to the groupware folders
>> > (_local_ subscription to all email folders)
>>
> Not sure what you mean by that.

My online IMAP account uses only local subscription to all my email
folders. In the "Subscription" context menu no folders are checked. In
Configure -> Accounts -> <online IMAP account> I've activated the
"Show only locally subscribed folders" option.

The dIMAP doesn't use "Local Subscriptions" but "Subscriptions" for
the groupware resource folders.

>> > * In Configure Kontact -> Misc -> Groupware I've enabled the IMAP
>> > groupware functionality and I've set the "Resource folders are
>> > subfolders of" to the dIMAP account. In addition I've enabled "hide
>> > groupware folders" and "only show groupware folders for this account"
>>
> Done all of that.
>
>> I have 'dIMAP Account' which is not showing anything under it, although it
>> sports a '-'.  I hope that's what you expect at this stage.
>>
> Hitting the download button cause the appropriate folders to appear and
> update.  However, there are still no resource folders.

see above

>> > * If "hide groupware folders" is enabled, the dIMAP account will not
>> > show up at all in the server pane. I was a bit confused by this the
>> > first few times I tried to setup the IMAP resource since folder
>> > subscriptions can only be changed when the account is visible in the
>> > server pane.
>>
> This I don't understand.  I have tried the "hide groupware folders" both
> enabled and disable.  Neither results in the resource folders appearing.

can you try again, after you have created the groupwar folders by hand?

And when you have the resource folders, add the IMAP resources to your
kaddressbook and korganizer.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Andreas