List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kontact and kde4
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vr () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2008-01-11 14:57:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 1/9/08, Douglas Almquist <doug@ravennasprings.com> wrote:

> and
> > >
> > > Who does? And how do you tell the "enterprise" version form others?
> >
> > Kubuntu from Gutsy and above. You can find out from the version details.
> > For example, my Gutsy install of kontact says "Version 1.2.4 (enterprise
> > 0.20070907.709405)"
>
> I'm using Kbuntu on Gutsy 7.10 (if I have this right).
> If I'm reading this thread right, then I have the enterprise version.
> Please take a look at the thread labled "kpilot + palm Treo 700p"
> It seems that Kpilot has not been tested and the applications crash on the
> linux side which crashes the palm systems.  Ugly
>
> This sounds like an alpha product that was shipped as production-ready.

KPilot has been tested on a variety of devices and operating systems. I use
it daily, as do hundreds of others the world over. As was discussed
extensively in the thread you reference, the Palm 700p is a very new device
that does things differently than even its close relative, the 650. Being
that there are only 3 of us that could be called KPilot developers, and
being that only one of us (me) has access to this device, and being that I
only got my hands on it less than a month ago, KPIlot support for this new
device has not been there until just a few weeks ago, when I submitted a
code change that has been verified by several others to fix the problems.

But then, I've already explained all of this to you in excruciating detail,
as well as have attempted to help you on the other thread, and obviously
that hasn't resolved the issue for you in a satisfactory manner.

Furthermore, let me just add that your insistence on spreading FUD about
this doesn't exactly motivate anyone to help you.

--
-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-