List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kontact and kde4
Date:       2008-01-07 9:27:24

On Monday 07 Jan 2008 1:21:35 pm Ryan Winter wrote:
> > At the moment it's unclear (to me at least) whether testing kdepim and
> > reporting bugs makes that much sense given that we will (hopefully very
> > soon) replace the backend of most KDE PIM applications with Akonadi.
>
> I was wondering what the Akonadi library was. What backends within kontact
> will this be replacing?

Akonadi is backend process that all PIM apps would connect to and request for
information. Atleast, that is what is intended and will really be useful when
all the major client start using it. So basically you could launch the client
of your preference and still see your data and you could switch between
clients too since the data store is managed by akonadi and not the client
itself.

check out http://pim.kde.org/akonadi/
--
Cheers!