List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Articles in Akregator getting marked as read
From:       Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterfeld () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-12-14 21:32:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 13 December 2007, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> I've noticed for a while now that many times I'll click on a feed and
> see several articles that I *know* I haven't read marked as read.  I
> know I haven't read them because it's been several days since I last
> read the feed.  Or there will be articles marked as read in between
> articles that aren't marked as read, and I won't have read either set.
>
> I don't have "Mark all articles as read on startup checked." Any ideas
> to debug this?

If an article is marked unread after it was read: that can happen when the
article was modified on the server. The other way round, an article becoming
read, is more clearly a bug.
- How frequently does this happen? Are the articles corrupted in any other way
than the read status?
- I fear its hard to debug unless you can reproduce it reliably or find a
specific pattern.
-Do you feel this is a regression in recent Akregator versions? (If yes, since
when do you have these problems?)

Frank