List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail IMAP and GMail
From:       Jim Philips <philips_jim () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2007-11-27 22:53:38

Art Alexion wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 12:11:22 Art Alexion wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else accessing a gmail account using IMAP through kmail.  Gmail
>> seems to serve labels as virtual folders.  It's a little odd.
>>
>> Anyway, my current problem is that sometimes kmail won't load the folder it
>> designates as inbox, i.e. everything in the gmail inbox regardless of
>> label. I am pretty aggressive about deleting so this shouldn't be  a folder
>> size factor -- maybe 40 messages max.
>>
>> Experiences?
>>
>> Ideas?
>>

> I wrote this before reading the existing thread.  Problem still exists,
> though.

The last instruction I got was to try and trace what's happening to the
network traffic. But I didn't get any instruction on how I was supposed
to do that. I was finally able to get some kind of success by setting up
the account as "cached" or "disconnected" IMAP. But that basically loses
the real benefits of IMAP. So, until somebody can explain why the
"network problem" occurs only with KMail and not with Thunderbird, I'm
sticking to Thunderbird. I took the last response as a lack of interest
in reviewing the problem.