List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Information on switching from a pop to an imap
From:       "Werner Joss" <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2007-10-31 8:19:34

> I have my own email server in my office and currently use pop for incoming
> mail.   Is it possible to switch the server to imap and switch the clients
> imap while keeping all current saved mail?

of course: yes :-)
all you have to do is:

1. setup/configure your new imap server correctly. (effort/hassle depends
on what you use, I'm using courier here, which is quite straightforward,
but I've seen many people here recommend dovecot, which might be even
easier to configure)
2. configure your client (kmail) to access the imap server additionally to
your current profile.
3. drag (copy) your existing emails (folders) to your imap account.
4. configure your remaining clients for imap.

werner