List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Wanted: PIM use cases
From:       Pablo Sanchez <pablo () blueoakdb ! com>
Date:       2007-06-21 13:55:54

On Thursday 21 June 2007 at 9:38 am, Boyan Tabakov etched:

> Hi,
>
> How about searching the contents of messages for a keyword? There was a
> discussion here some time ago about database backends. Going through message
> bodies is quite slow currently (talking about a folder with more that 1000
> messages). Possible indexing of messages? I think this is about
> performance...

Hi,

Using Kontact's search, to search my 'received-folder' of 21,010
messages took 45 seconds to look for all e-mail with the word 'carrot'
(random word!)

I used Kerry Beagle and it came back sub-second.

Perhaps the solution is to take a Unix-approach and use Kontact Search
for small searches and Beagle for the monster searches?

Cheers,
--
Pablo