List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Issue with Kontact todo list
Date:       2007-06-18 16:32:00

On Monday 18 Jun 2007 9:31:21 pm Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Monday 18 June 2007 10:21:32 you wrote:
> > I just noticed an issue with deleting a to-do item that is on top of the
> > list. After delete, the summary view rightly shows a reduced number of
> > to-dos. If i reconfigure the summary view to show only today's list, and
> > then back again to show all the to-dos reappear in the summary view but
> > not in the to-do view. Restarting kontact makes them re-appear in both
> > views.
> >
> > If i do not make changes with the summary view, everything works fine.
> >
> > Anyone else facing this? Im on Kubuntu Gutsy (testing) KDE 3.5.7
>
> I'm also on Gutsy, but I don't use the To-do List feature of kontact.
> Could you give me some step-by-step (click here, choose menu X item Y,
> etc.) directions to attempt to reproduce your issue?

OK. Try this.

1) Open the to-do list view in kontact.
2) create a new to-do by typing into the top bar. Type something like "AAA" so
that it would appear on top of the list (assuming it is sorted by the summary
column)
3) Switch to to the summary view. You will notice that it now appears here.
4) Switch back to the to-do view. select the to-do "AAA" and hit delete.
5) Switch back to summary view. You will notice that it is gone as expected.
6) While in the summary view, select Settings->configure summary
view->appointments and to-dos.
7) Select "Today's to-dos only" instead of "Show all to-dos" and click apply.
8) Now select "Show all to-dos" and click OK. "AAA" again appears in the
summary view.
9) switch to To-do view and it is not there.
10) Quit kontact and launch it again and "AAA" will be there in the summary
and the to-dos view.
--
Cheers!
kitts