List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Bad signature
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-03 18:16:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 27 May 2007 19:27, Nikola Valentinov Petrov wrote:
> I hope this is the right mailing list. Here is my problem - I use
> kmail 3.5.5-r2 and GuPG 1.9.21 in Gentoo and the problem is that i
> keep becoming signed messages with that in the header [quote]
> Message was signed by "some email" (Key ID: "some key ID").
> Warning: The signature is bad.
> [/quote]
>
> Even my messages are backed like this even though i get [quote]
> Message was signed by nikolavp@lavabit.com (Key ID:
> 0x121908841C57A90C). The signature is valid and the key is ultimately
> trusted.
> [/quote]
> when i am sending them or after that when they are in the (sent-mail)
> folder. Can someone please tell me what is causing this and maybe any
> workarround. I use OpenGPG/MIME as a crypto format.

Either a server or some program filtering your messages (e.g. a spam
filter) alters your signed messages and thus breaks the signature. I
suggest to save a sent message (from the sent-mail folder) and the
received copy of the same message to disk and compare them for example
with kdiff3.

Regards,
Ingo