List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] More Sync Problems with KDE
From:       Robert Smits <bob () rsmits ! ca>
Date:       2007-05-30 23:00:32

Hello, folks.

Recently I updated my Suse 10.1 to Suse 10.2 on several systems.

Unfortunately, it also broke my Kpilot install, which I used to sync to a Palm
Tungsten E.

As you all know by now, the first time I synced it it lost all the addresses
and calendar dates in my Palm.

At first, I didn't realize the problem was with the syncing program, I thought
it was with the Palm. So I also tried syncing my Sony Clie with the exact
same result.

Since then I've been reading the newsgroups, and upgraded to KDE 3.5.7 in an
attempt to fix this. While I now have my addresses back on the Clie, I have
no calendar dates at all. (I'll try the Palm after the battery goes flat and
I can reset it).

So here's what I have.

SuSE 10.2

K Desktop Environment Release 3.5.7 release 10.1

Kontact 1.2.5

Kpilot 4.9.1

I can find my way to installing rpms and usually use Yast or Smart to do
installs, but would need a cheat sheet to attempt an install from source.

Any suggestions at this point?

Bob

--
Bob Smits Ph 250-245-2553 Fax 250-245-5531 E-mail bob@rsmits.ca