List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] reboot, new problem
From:       Gene Heskett <gene.heskett () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-05-13 18:37:23

Greetings;

I updated kde last night, and then built and installed a new kernel this
morning, 2.6.21.1-cfs-v12.  This is an otherwise upto date FC6 box.

I've spent quite a bit of time wandering through the control center, looking
for something that would re-enable the pager in the middle of the kickstart
bar at the bottom of the screen, to no avail.

Also the clock on the right is gone, as are the icons and stuff for kwallet,
clipboard and kmix that normally live just to the left of the clock are also
gone, as is the pager display formerly centered in the bottom bar and the
tasklisting to its right.

And the kmenu entry for multimedia is back, its been on the missing list for
weeks.

As it exists, I'm glad I had a bunch of shells running in 3 other windows when
I did the logout, because those are the only windows out of the 8 I have
defined that I can actually switch to with an alt-f5 which brings up a
selector showing only those windows that have a terminal shell running in
them.

kcontrol knows the windows are there, and I can even change their background
images, but I can't select them for use.  But I couldn't find anything on the
clock and that sort of thing in kcontrol.

How can these be restored to the previous conditions?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)