List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail's disappearing uitilities and menu items?
From:       "Roy J. Tellason" <rtellason () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-05-12 20:01:18

On Friday 11 May 2007 17:46, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 11 May 2007 21:12, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> > I don't know WTF the developers and maintainers of this code think
> > they're trying to do,   but keeping users isn't apparently high on
> > the list of their priorities,  what with them being so busy with all
> > the bells and whistles and chrome plating and whatnot.
>
> You almost had me Roy, but I won't give you the satisfaction to lose my
> temper. I will only say as much: We are not busy with bells and
> whistles. We are busy with life. We have to work for a living. Working
> on KDE, as much as we'd love to do it day-in day-out, unfortunately
> doesn't buy us anything except for rants from ungrateful people like
> you.
>
> Farewell,
> Ingo

Let's see,  this is the second or third time on this list where the
word "ungrateful" has popped up in response to something that I've posted.

Things are _taken away_ that used to be there  that I _used_,  and I'm
supposed to be grateful?  Other things get added,  that eat up my time and
machine resources and that don't need doing in the first place (such as
automatic compacting of archival folders that never ever need it in the first
place),  and I'm supposed to be grateful?

One of us is missing something here.

-
M Dakin