List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Fwd: Re:  Kmail Subfolders
From:       Jean-Philippe <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-24 2:51:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 21 April 2007 12:38, ka1ifq wrote:
> On Friday 20 April 2007 10:12, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> > This is apparently a change from the earlier version of kmail that I was
> > using,  in which the parent folder would remain boldfaced while there
> > were any unread messages within any sub-folders.  I don't personally care
> > for this change,  because I have some folders that have more subfolders
> > than will fit on the screen --
>
> 	I agree, I do not like the change. My folder list fits the screen, but
> with the subfolders open it does not, maybe they will change it back!
>
> Mike

If some argue that Kontact is bloated, I think this Wish could not make it:

-Add a column to sum unread messages in subfolders
It would then read, for instance:
/Work		2/5/10 - 2 new in /work, 5 new in subs, 10 total in /work
/Work/EU		2/1/12  - 3 new in ./EU, 1 new in sub, 12 un ./EU
/Work/EU/BE	1/0/18  - 1 new in ../BE, 0in subs, 18 total in ../BE
/Work/Asia	2/0/22  - 2 new in ./Asia, 0 subfolders, 22 in ./Asia

...That would not be nice on my 1024x768 resolution...

Alternatively, and then it's a matter of choice, the parent folder could:
-Be bold if Subs contain new message (Don't remember either from SuSE93)
..Probably the smartest, lightfooted option..
-New Column could display the sum of all new messages in tree.

I understand the concerns here, although I think the non-invasive PopUp is
enough to point me where I need to check one out of 19 addresses landing
here. I also have a catchall folder where all new gets duplicated, that's the
last one I check when I suspect I may have missed something, filtered it bad
or such: It avoids me crawling through all my folders (I have dozens).

Jean-Philippe

--

Cheers... From Cambodia!

Darth Vader: