List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail plugin
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-04-09 12:34:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 09 April 2007, soner ay wrote:
>> Anne Wilson <cannewilson@tiscali.co.uk> wrote: On Monday 09 April 2007,
>soner ay wrote:
> > Hi,
Please don't top-post, Sonar.  It makes it difficult to follow a thread.  I've
corrected this one.

> > > I want to write a plugin to send signed and encrypted mail in Kmail. But
> > > I don't know how to add a plugin to kmail. Could you recommend me some
> > > sites which contain similar examples or give me some information about
> > > that.
> >
> > Gpg signing and encryption are already supported in kmail.  Google for
> > gpg+encryption+kmail - there are some good how-tos available.  You will
> > also want gpg-agent.
> >
> Thank you for your help but firstly i wonder how can i insert a new menu or
> icon to kmail's toolbar.

Settings > Configure Toolbar

However, you don't need that for signing or encryption.  Once installed icons
are present in the toolbar when you are composing a message.  You can also
set your preferences for individual contacts.  For instance I have one friend
with which I always use encryption, and kmail knows to apply encryption with
his key because it is set to always encrypt to him.  Don't forget, too, to
set 'encrypt to self' so that you will be able to read the stored, encrypted
messages.  HTH

Anne