From: Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper <vr@movingparts.net>
Date: Mar 30, 2007 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: [kdepim-users] Kpilot Ate my Future
To: kdepim-users@kde.org

Hi Staci,

First off, as a kpilot developer, it pains me to see this kind of e-mail!!
So, I really feel bad that you're having problems like this.  =:(  Let's see
if we can work through this, piece at a time...

Yes, please!  That would be wonderful!  Just don't give up. :/

Please make sure you make frequent backups of your local and PDA's databases.
I know it sounds like you shouldn't have to, and in an ideal world you
wouldn't but when bugs come around and take your data from you (as it looks
like they might have here), you know how true this statement is.

I was trying! :(  But since my windows install died, I haven't been able to sync...I was finally able to get the two computers to talk to each other and this happened. :/

So... what version of pilot-link are you using?  If it's pilot-link 0.12.x in
combination with kpilot < 4.9.0, there are unfortunate known data loss
problems.  The hopeful solution is to upgrade to the latest KDE (3.5.6, which
provides kpilot 4.9.0).

Um, my system does not show pilot-link installed.
My KDE is 3.5.5, my distribution just came out with a new version, that probably has 3.5.6, I will work on updating this evening.
My Kpilot is  4.6.0 (blivit), again it's the most current in our repositories at the moment, I'll be working on an upgrade momentarily.

<snip backing up info>