List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] ! Howto Perl Script a Signature !
From:       Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-23 7:27:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 23 March 2007 05:36:04 Jean-Philippe wrote:
> Running in the console at first showed the need to chmod it - I wasn't
> expecting that, it doesn't make sense to me to change the permissions to
> run a script that was build, saved & launched under the same user !

You always have to allow your scripts to be executed as commands by changing
their permissions (the x one). Otherwise you have to launch your script with
an interpreter command - e.g. "perl myscript". Now you don't need the entire
777 permission, because obviously you don't want someone else to modify your
script. (On home computers this doesn't matter that much, but again it is not
a good practice). All you need is 700 or the more commonly used 755.

Anyway - for someone who said to be new to perl, you did a great job making
the script work for you!

--
Blade hails you...

Our souls will join again the wild