List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kpilotDaemon crash
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vr () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2007-03-22 18:13:21

On Thursday 22 March 2007, René Serral-Gracià wrote:
> Hi everybody. First of all thanks all the developers for such a nice set of
> packages in kdepim!
>
> I'm using a kpilot's svn checkout from yesterday (on the
> kdepim-3.5.5+branch) and I'm experiencing some crashes on
> kpilotDaemon. I have a Palm T5
> and I'm synching through Bluetooth.
>
> The crash happens in while synching the calendar DB as follows:
> - Initial status everything in synch.
> - I insert a new record on my palm.
> - I add some new entries on korganizer.
> - I start synching and after a while kpilotDaemon crashes.
> - After that my new record on the palm is lost :(
> - Korganizer is OK but without the new palm record.
>
> I'm attaching a backtrace and the console output of kpilotDaemon. If
> something is missing don't hesitate to contact me, I'd like to help
> pointing the bug!, sadly I don't have the time for coding :(.

Hi René,

Your stack trace doesn't make sense to me.  It seems to be crashing on a debug
statement.  Can you please do this for me:

make sure no kpilot or kpilotDaemon are running.

export KDEDIRS=/wherever/you/installed/kpilot:/usr:/opt/kde3

kbuildsycoca

gdb --args /wherever/you/installed/kpilot/bin/kpilotDaemon --debug=99 --nofork
2>&1 | tee /tmp/kpilotDaemon.log

then once gdb loads, type "run".

If you can reproduce the crash, type "thread apply all bt" at gdb's prompt,
which should give you a full backtrace of all active threads.  Then please
e-mail back your /tmp/kpilotDaemon.log, which should contain both
kpilotDaemon's log as well as the gdb output.

Thanks!!!  =:)

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
 -[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-