List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Google Summer of Code - Akonadi Web Interface
From:       Jean-Philippe <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-22 0:33:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 22 March 2007 01:43, Art Alexion wrote:
> I may be wrong, but I think most ISPs do these days.   If not, there are
> websites out there which will retrieve POP mail from any ISP and present it
> through a webmail interface.   (I can't remember any URLs as I haven't a
> need for at least 7 years, but I used such interfaces in the late 90's.)

I am not sure to understand this as well. If I am right, the closest thing I
know is Opera mail client. The idea to have a specific "webbrowser" that
opens up all webmails from different accounts has limitations, ie gmail does
not allow multiple connections over a single instance of, say, firefox
(tested, and it's the same with my webhost phpnet.org).

It would maybe be nice to have a webbrowser dedicated to webmail functionality
alone, but it looks to me way outside the kmail scope, and that modern
browsers tend to _add_ mailclient-ing abilities rather that restrict web-ing
abilities. Now, nobody prevent you from posting a wish on the bugs list for
kde-pim & gather 2000 signatures - with bandwith & speed growing, you may be
a precursor in what will be standard tomorrow, who knows ? From Cambodia, I
can tell you it's not an option.

Cheers

Jean-Philippe

--
Emperor Palpatine:
	Soon the Rebellion will be crushed and young Skywalker