List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Smart phone number search?
From:       "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee () inka ! de>
Date:       2007-03-20 8:10:03

At Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:44:07 +0100,
Werner Joss wrote:
> but you think, it would be be a good investment of other people's
> resources to implement what noone besides _you_ requested ?

Well I better spend the time on things that I know how to do and that
are very important to me (there are too many).  That's what experience
is teaching me.  Sure, I could install the latest KDE release and write
some crappy extension and submit that as a patch, but what's the point?
An experienced kaddressbook developer could write the same extension in
a fraction of the time, and he'd not have to clean up my code.

Besides, if you look at the KDE bug database, you'll see that I'm not
the only one requesting such a feature.  Also, I'm pretty sure that
you'll find decent phone number search in other, more advanced address
book applications.

--
Felix E. Klee