List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kaddressbook 3.4.2: Disabling backup files?
From:       Robert Smits <bob () rsmits ! ca>
Date:       2007-03-18 8:55:05

On Saturday 17 March 2007 07:19, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> At Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:08:09 -0400,
>
> Allen Winter wrote:
> > You cannot disable the generation of those backup files, nor change
> > where they are stored.
>
> That's not so great.  Now, I probably need to write some script to be
> wrapped around kaddressbook that cleans up these files.
>
> Why are the backup files so important? Are there stability issues with
> kaddressbook?

Why?

There are only 7 of them and they're all relatively small. They're in a hidden
directory, and they're not in your way.

Keep them for the day when something overwrites and corrupts your std.vcf file
and you lose all your contacts. Then you simply rename the latest vcf file to
std.vcf and you haven't lost everything.
--
Bob Smits bob@rsmits.ca