List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Remote calendaring problems
From:       "Reuben D. Budiardja" <techlist () pathfinder ! phys ! utk ! edu>
Date:       2007-03-09 17:55:53

Hello,

Does anyone successfully do remote calendaring + task with Kmail ? I've been
trying several thing and have gotten frustrated with this. I am working from
three different places (with three different computers) and wondering if
there's a way to do this.

I've tried using eGroupware, installed it on my server, and use Kontact as a
client using XML-RPC. But they just don't work together very well. Events and
Tasks keep dis-appearing and re-appearing. Clicking on Reload on the resource
always shows different effects, some events would show up, while other
dissapear, or on the other way around.

I've tried also using (online) IMAP to save the calendar. But after subsequent
restart of kontact, I could not see the events and tasks I set on the
previous session. Although the IMAP messages for the events and tasks are
still there (I could see it just as regular IMAP messages).

Is there anything that would work easily ?

Thanks.
RDB