List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] SMTP Server issues indeed.
From:       Jean-Philippe Monteiro <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-05 11:55:16

On Monday 5 March 2007 18:03, Boyan Tabakov wrote:
> I am successfully using this setup with a second gmail account
> (boyan.tabakov). I use only blade.alslayer as outgoing. I think this will
> work with arbitrary account/domain and you can test it. GMail sends a
> confirmation mail to that other account so that it can verify that this is
> your account.

Yeah, sure, did already: I now can send "as" pro address from the online web
interface... Testing... building special smtp transport... attaching to
account "generic at my NGO dot org"... Sending Test Email...

Worked!

Tested from kmail1.8, it does work! Right address displayed from using the
backup-gmail-for-work-transport & login. Sure gmail settings are set to
"Reply from the same address the message was sent to". good. Generic
email-for-work displayed! Does shows the Gmail backup all over the place in
Full Headers though... Fair enough I bet.

that's still only a workaround... One good point in this workaround is the
ability to send 10megs-attachment messages, un-allowed by my mailserver :)

You know what? even my picture from the gmail-backup email settings got
displayed! (my NGO logo). Now, that was only tested under s93, still have to
switch -after hours- to s10.2 & kmail1.9 to assess properly.

Blade Hails you ? I definitely hail Blade!

Jean-Philippe.

PS(s)
Almost 7pm here, time to switch off. I'll get back later with real s10.2
experience. After a full week-end of "switching OS" operation, I feel like
taking a break.

Full report of my miserable Slackware 11 failure over this "switch-OS-party
week-end" on
getshotwithlinux.blogspot.org

--

PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA
ubuntu 6.06 kernel 2.6.15 Enlightenment DR16