List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Do Kontact and motorola a1200 (motoming) sync?
Date:       2007-02-25 19:06:00

On Wednesday 21 Feb 2007 IST, kitts wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 Feb 2007 IST, Elias Kesh wrote:
> > It's possible but it's not easy. Motorola has the permissions on pretty
> > much everything set so that the average person can not access it. I've
> > had an A1200 for several months and am thinking about getting the new
> > FIC phone. Completely open source.
> > http://www.openmoko.com/press/index.html
>
> I am looking forward to the NEO1973 myself but it's still many months
> away. There were also some serious hardware bugs discovered recently
> which need to be corrected. I'll pick it up once its out. Then i would
> like to load it with Qtopia instead... :-)
>
> > However, I have found this for syncing kontact with the A1200.
> > http://www.ohli.de/?J2MESync
>
> Thanks for the link i'm looking it up.
>
> On Wednesday 21 Feb 2007 IST, Art Alexion wrote:
> > Try kitchensync, opensync, kandy or kmobiletools.  kpilot only syncs
> > with palm OS devices.  I used kandy/kmobiletools to play with a
> > motorola phone and it connected OK.  Did not try to actually sync,
> > though.
>
> New versions of kitchensync are apparently going to use the opensync
> framework, so need to check there.
>
> In the past, I have with (partial) success used kitchensync with Sony
> Erricson phones over a bluetooth irmc konnector. I currently own the
> Nokia 6681 but have had no success syncing. I was really hoping that a
> linux based phone will allow me to do more! I am even willing to change
> the firmware on the device if it helps as i have heard that it uses
> Qtopia based toolkit called EZX. I don't know how much has been changed!

I got myself the 1200. It's a pretty neat device only disappointing to know
that Motorola does not encourage developing native code.

Anyway, i just discovered that i am having problems with pairing the device
over bluetooth. Once i sort that out, ill let you guys know regarding the
sync.
--
Cheers!
kitts