List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KMail asks to delete messages
From:       Bill Anderson <bill-kdepim () noreboots ! com>
Date:       2007-02-16 1:20:57

On Thursday 15 February 2007 15:16:12 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 15 February 2007 15:21, Sven Klomp wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after I updated to KMail 3.5.5, it ask for a confirmation to delete
> > local mails when synchronising my DIMAP Account. How can I switch off
> > this dialog? If I delete a message in the IMAP folder from somewhere
> > else, it should be deleted in the DIMAP, of course.
>
> This dialog was introduced for debugging problems with unwanted deletion
> of messages. AFAIK it shouldn't show up in a release built, but maybe
> your distributor decided that he wants it to be shown. There's no way
> to switch if off.

Ingo, did you see the bug on this process causing loss of data? I posted it
here as well as in the tracker. It seems to be related to mail being filtered
into other folders, but not being in the index whereupon this sync process
presumes it's in the queue to be deleted. It then deletes it (or more
specifically I was asked about it, that's how I confirmed it). I've also seen
this when manually moving messages.

To read that this dialog is a debug-only thing I'm quite concerned that now
I'll be losing data without knowing it.