List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kpilot still broken in 3.5.6?
From:       "Justin Nawrocki" <justinnawrocki () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-06 7:05:49

Okay, I managed to compile from SVN and am up an running with kpilot,
but here are the symptoms I'm getting.  I'd like to run them by other
people before doing anything like submitting a bug report, because I'm
not really what I'd submit it under!

*It seems that my calendar entries are now being synced back and
forth.  This is great news.  However, I noticed that if I DELETE any
entries on the PC side and then try to sync, they won't be deleted on
the Palm side after sync, and then when I try to do anything in
Kontact, it crashes.  So for now I've been just deleting things on the
Palm side.  That works flawlessly.

*Addressbook syncing is bizarre.  I changed a bunch of addresses on
the Palm over the weekend, and upon first sync kpilot asked me which
(PC or Palm) records to use.  On each record I told it to use the Palm
records, except for one where I wanted to use the PC records.
Regardless of what I wanted though, none of the changes showed up in
Kontact.  Oddly, they DID show up in the Kpilot Addressviewer, though
the categories I had put them into had been lost.  I think it has
something to do with categories because this one category I'd made (in
Japanese) got duplicated every time I synced, and all contacts ended
up in there.  I'll try fiddling a bit more.

*The Kpilot main window refuses to come up.  If I manually start
kpilot the window will come up, but otherwise all I have is the tray
icon.  Double-clicking does nothing.  The "Start KPilot" option in the
right-click context menu also does nothing.  If I can get this fixed,
then maybe I can have more useful information about the abovementioned
Addressbook problem.

But first things first, any ideas about why the kpilot window refuses
to come up?

Thanks as always!

Justin

Justin Nawrocki