List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] editing contacts in addressbook
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2007-01-31 20:11:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 00:04:59 Charlie Bradley wrote:
> Thanks werner,

you're welcome :)

> I tried the above command and nothing happened so I checked the folder
> /home/user/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf.  It is an empty document and so is
> test.vcf.  I have a folder, however, named stdvcf with all the vcards for
> all the contacts.

you mean, there is a vcard file for each contact in that folder ?
(seems strange to me :-/ )

> So I edited the command to : sed -e
> 's/^ADR\;/ADR\;TYPE=pref\;/g' stdvcf/*

ok, if my assumption above is right, then this is the logical consequence :)
- the  output will just got to stdout (konsole), but no change in the files
themselves, as the redirection '>' is missing.

> and the output in konsole showed the change but when I opened some of the
> vcard files with kate the change was not there. any futher help would be
> appreciated

ok, please just verify my assumption mentioned.
if this applies, there is still hope ;-)
werner