List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kmail will not recognize mail folders which were
From:       Parsifal Herzog <parsifal.herzog () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-05 3:05:15

On January 4, 2007 17:55, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 04 January 2007 21:43, Damnshock wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 January 2007 21:01, Parsifal Herzog wrote:
> > > I renamed the restores inbox and sent-mail directories, so that
> > > Kmail would start. When it started, all my restored folders in
> > > "maildir" format (i.e. directories) do not appear in the Kmail
> > > folder panel. Only a few folders, which are in the "mbox" format
> > > appear, and they do contain the expected messages. All my other
> > > account settings restored from the backup see to be O.K.
> >
> > Probably you've already done it but... have you checked the
> > permissions of you backup files?
>
> If the permissions are correct then make sure that restored maildir
> folders all contain three subdirectories: cur (containing all the
> messages), new (usually empty), tmp (usually empty). Maybe the empty
> subdirectories were omitted when you made the backup.

Yes, that seems to be the problem. I copied an empty "new" and "tmp"
directory into each of the restored maildir directories, and recopied the
restored kmailrc to ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc, and all the older
structure was recognized again by kmail. It seems that my backup omitted
the empty directories.

Thanks,

Walt Kelly