List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Running two instances of Akregator?
From:       Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterfeld () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-12-28 14:35:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 23:54, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> I run Akregator on my desktop all the time to make sure I don't miss
> items on feeds that may be past the site's "window" of articles
> (example: slashdot only puts about 15 articles in its feed).  Will I
> corrupt my feeds files if I log in via SSH and run another instance of
> akregator (via X over SSH) and read the feeds?  Does Akregator do any
> kind of locking to make sure it doesn't step on itself, or do I risk
> corrupting my feeds?

The Akregator archive does not support concurrent access by multiple instances
(which is usually prevented by being a unique application). Since 3.5.3 (or
was it 3.5.4?), there is additional locking and a dialog should appear when
the archive is already locked. However, before experimenting with that,
better make a backup of  ~/.kde/share/apps/akregator/Archive

Frank