List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Fwd: Re:  F-U on KPilot sync to Treo 650
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vr () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2006-12-22 21:52:53

Jess, please reply to the list.  =:)  I'll forward your response to it...

Subject: Re: [kdepim-users] F-U on KPilot sync to Treo 650
Date: Thursday 21 December 2006 16:04
From: Jess Jackson <jessjackson@cox.net>
To: Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper <vr@movingparts.net>

Hi Jason:

Thanks for the reply. I seem to be on a roll with having the wrong
combination of hardware :-) .

I would love to try the route you suggested but unfortunately lack the
discretionary time to devote to it. But I have just tried an
alternative. I copied the std.ics and std.vcf files from the 64-bit
machine to my old "Linux learning" machine -- a 450-MHz PC still running
"stock" SuSE 10.1 (and, for now, running it for the future). All I use
it for of late is as a SAMBA print server and backup file storage. After
dropping the files in the right places and doing a hard reset on the
Treo 650, I did a PC to Palm sync that successfully restored the phone
(address, calendar, and todos). Wow, is that good news as I am traveling
next week.

That PC is running kpilot 4.6.0 with KDE 3.5.1.* Is this a stable
combination? *If so, I think I will hold off any more efforts on the
64-bit PC until KDE 3.6 arrives and just do my PIM activities there,
albeit MUCH more slowly.

Thanks again for all the help.

Jess

 `