List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] not Kmail bug - send HTML always
From:       "Derek Broughton" <derek () pointerstop ! ca>
Date:       2006-12-18 14:53:05

On 12/16/06, Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16.12.2006 15:45, sai wrote:
> >
> > Is there anyway to ensure that I always send him HTML formatted email?
>
> Yes and no, at least in 1.9.5.
> When composing a message select the Options->Formatting (HTML) checkbox. This
> should be remembered and activated automatically every time you open the
> Composer window. Unfortunately, this is not on per-recipient basis, so it
> will cause all of your outgoing e-mails to be HTML formatted, which is
> something you probably don't want to happen.

It is, iirc, possible to set on a per-identity basis, so it's possible
it might be more convenient to set up two identities, one of which
always sends HTML mail.

It's horrible to have to work around buggy mail clients.  I'm fairly
sure that this is a configurable option for him - he's got it set to
"always read in HTML", when it should only be "prefer HTML".  Of
course, there shouldn't even be an "always" option...
--
derek