List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] How to do a mailing with Kmail?
From:       Derek Broughton <derek () pointerstop ! ca>
Date:       2006-12-15 0:39:24

On Thursday 14 December 2006 16:07, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> > > Hmm. You do not seem to catch my meaning. I _want_ to make it personal.
>
> do
>
> > > _not_ want it to appear as I post to a list.
> >
> > I understand that - but it is still, by definition, a mailing list.
>
> I sincerely regret that my misuse of a single word/definition makes it so
> hard to communicate, especially as you seem to actually understand what I
> am looking for, yet insist on making this a discussion of words.

Sorry, but _you_ detoured this discussion into "words" when you asked how I
knew it was a mailing list.  I

> > I just think you're asking for something that practically nobody cares
> > about.
>
> You are entitled to your opinion. _However_ some people, which have taken
> part of this discussion, has gone to the length of creating php scripts to
> create shell scripts, to do what I am looking for, but in a far less
> convenient way than I suggest.
>
> In other words: I think you are wrong.

You just asked a bunch of geeks for a solution to a trivial problem - you can
_guarantee_ that you'll get a bunch of complex scripts to deal with any such
question.  It doesn't mean that they feel the need to get "list" mail sent to
them under their own name.  _You_ feel a need to hide the fact that you're
sending mail to a list (despite the fact that you insist you're not spamming,
that is very much the mark of a spammer).  _I_ say that the recipients will,
for the most part, never even notice.
--
derek