List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] How to do a mailing with Kmail?
From:       Derek Broughton <derek () pointerstop ! ca>
Date:       2006-12-13 13:55:23

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 07:22, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> On Wednesday December 13, 2006 at 05:30:38 (AM) Damnshock wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 December 2006 01:52, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > > I simply can't understand why people are so resistant to using the
> > > carefully designed features built into the mail system.
> >
> > That's because they don't want to learn anything else. Even if it's
> > something that will improve their efficiency. Haven't you ever worked
> > with windows users??
>
> Blaming the end user for the software developers coding problems is
> counter productive. I am willing to bet that 95%+ of the end users are
> totally ignorant of RFC's.

I agree - but what we have here is someone asking for a way to do something
that makes no logical sense when the tools are right there.  I'm saying that
the KMail authors have done it right, so make use of that rather than jumping
through hoops to do nothing other than to get the recipient's name in
the "To" header - when those same 95% of users won't notice.

> BTW, I maintain a couple of mailing list that employ DADA Mail as the
> list manager. All mail is sent directly to each individual user -- no
> Bcc involved.

Yes, some list software does that.  I'm not sure it's good for the state of
the 'net, but if you're going to obsess about getting the "To" addresses
individuated, use a list manager that does it for you.
--
derek