List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] How to do a mailing with Kmail?
From:       Mads Bondo Dydensborg <madsdyd () challenge ! dk>
Date:       2006-12-13 16:19:00

onsdag 13 december 2006 11:30 skrev Damnshock:
> On Wednesday 13 December 2006 01:52, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > I simply can't understand why people are so resistant to using the
> > carefully designed features built into the mail system.
>
> That's because they don't want to learn anything else. Even if it's
something
> that will improve their efficiency. Haven't you ever worked with windows
> users??

I resent the implications of your response. Additionally, I regret that you
apperently has not understood the original issue.

Its been a while since I read 822, but AFAIR, there is no way in general the
MTA can be instructed to address a list of people individually, while keeping
the privacy of each recepient, except for bcc. And, as has been covered, the
resulting message does not appear to be addressed to the receiver in most MUA
and for casual users.

I would like to be corrected.

Btw: I am perfectly aware of the possibility of using dcop to create messages
from scratch, or perl/php/whatever to call directly to
Mail::Send/Whatever/sendmail/mail, and so on. That just does not cover the
need I have outlined.

Regards,

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
Maybe you don't care about Microsoft's victims. When Microsoft starts