List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] How to do a mailing with Kmail?
From:       Mads Bondo Dydensborg <madsdyd () challenge ! dk>
Date:       2006-12-12 19:50:29

tirsdag 12 december 2006 18:28 skrev Derek Broughton:
> On 12/12/06, Joshua J. Kugler <jkugler@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 11 December 2006 16:24, Derek Broughton said something like:
> > >
> > > OK, I'll bite - _why_ do you need the To field to be the recipient?
> > > The way most people I know do it is to just put their own address in
> > > To, and the list in Bcc.
> >
> > One, their name in the To field is more personal,
>
> It's _not_ personal - it's a mailing list.  I never expect mail to a
> list to have me in the "To" and I get a little creeped out by the one
> list I'm on that begins every message with "Dear Derek".

Why do you assume it is a mailing list?

Say I want to mail 30 friends, and invite them to a birthday party, but I do
not want to expose each persons individual mail address to the other
recepients, but I do want the address of the individual recepient to appear
in the to field.

I think this is a valid use case.

Also, I think it would be beneficial to use "normal" kmail to compose the
message in.

Currently it seems a bit hard, if not impossibly, to do in kmail (note the
compose the message part).

It would be good to have, IMHO.

Regards,

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
Who do you trust? Nobody? Good, let's put Nobody in charge then...

               - The Register on TCPA/Palladium, 20021109