List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] KMail and Dovecot: not creating subfolders correctly?
From:       "Joshua J. Kugler" <jkugler () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2006-12-08 23:14:58

KMail 1.9.5

A search of the KDE-PIM archives and a quick google search didn't return
anything relevant, so here I post.

I'm testing Dovecot and KMail together, and for the most part,
everything works fine.  I can read messages, and I can see all folders
that are present.  I am using Maildir++ on the dovecot site.

If I create a folder from KMail (in the top level), it will show up.  If
I create a subfolder of said folder, it will not show up.
Investigation reveals why:

Dovecot creates folders using the structure:

.Folder
.Folder.SubFolder
etc

So, the first time through Maildir/.Folder is created.  But when I
created the subfolder, Maildir/.Folder/SubFolder was created, which
KMail then couldn't see (but it gave an error if I tried it again).  If
I renamed Maildir/.Folder/SubFolder to Maildir/.Folder.SubFolder, KMail
could now see it, and access it.

Is KMail creating directories directly instead of using an IMAP call?
Has anyone else seen this?

This seems to be a KMail bug, since Thunderbird properly
creates .Folder.SubFolder when creating a subfolder.

Anyone care to comment?

Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, Alaska -- ICQ#:13706295
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and
under the earth, that Jesus Christ is LORD -- Count on it!