List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] How to get rid of running kio_imap4 processes?
From:       Jan <mailing () metweb ! de>
Date:       2006-11-29 22:52:57

Hi,

I am extensively using kontact, in particular kmail with IMAP mail accounts.
However, sometimes kontact crashes, when handling mail from an IMAP account,
this in itself is a bit annoying, but usually no mail gets lost, and this
does not happen too often (once or twice a day).

However, when I restart kontact, mail access hangs, not displaying the
contents of the IMAP accounts. The only thing left to do is close kontact
and "killall kio_imap4" and restart kontact afterwards. For a while I was
accepting this, but as I now have to care for a user which does not know how
to "killall kio_imap4", I am wondering if something could be done about that.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Jan