List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] In-line spellchecking not working in kmail 1.9.5
From:       "Derek Broughton" <auspex () pointerstop ! ca>
Date:       2006-11-28 21:37:49

On 11/28/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 November 2006 20:00, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 November 2006 14:37, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > > Except that I've had it working all along in kubuntu.
> > >
> > > Not to be patronizing, but you _have_ checked "Options" / "Automatic
> > > Spellchecking", right?   Under "Settings" / "Spellchecker", I have it
> > > set to Dictionary: ispell default; Encoding: US-ASCII; Client:
> > > International Ispell.
> >
> > OK.  No, I didn't.
> >
> > Works now.
> >
> Where is this 'Options', Scot?  I can't see it on mine.

It's only visible when you're actually composing a new message.

> > I'd have been willing to be money that I tried Options/Automatic
> > Spellchecker before, but not with ispell.  Mine was set to aspell.  I don't
> > know if that makes any difference.

Well, I'd have laid money on the fact that my spell checker was
working before this thread came up - that's when I discovered it
worked under knode, but not kmail, and started digging :-)

> I've found Ispell now, and got it set up, but it still isn't working, so I
> need to find that menu item.

I'm not at all sure it matters whether it's ispell or aspell, but
since it works for me with ispell, it seems like a good starting
point.
--
derek