List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] In-line spellchecking not working in kmail 1.9.5
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-11-28 19:53:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 19:37, Derek Broughton wrote:
> On 11/28/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > My only hint would be that I do not think that the problem is limited
> > > to FC6. I have been equally unable to get inline spell checking working
> > > with 1.9.5 on Kubuntu 6.06.
> >
> > That's a start.  At least it doesn't sound like a packaging bug.
>
> Except that I've had it working all along in kubuntu.

And that's also 1.9.5?

> Not to be patronizing, but you _have_ checked "Options" / "Automatic
> Spellchecking", right?

Not patronizing at all - never assume that the questionner couldn't have
overlooked something :-)  Actually, though, I can't even check that.  Where
do you see 'Options'?

> Under "Settings" / "Spellchecker", I have it
> set to Dictionary: ispell default; Encoding: US-ASCII; Client:
> International Ispell.

I have Aspell default (Ispell doesn't seem to be an option, so perhaps I don't
have it installed), utf-8, Aspell.

Come to think of it, long ago I had a version that was only happy with Ispell
(or was it Aspell, that thime?).  I'll look into that, and see what I need to
do to get it.  Thanks

Anne