List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Akregator confused about new items
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-19 22:08:55

On Saturday 18 November 2006 06:49, Cory Doctorow wrote:
> I'm using Akregator 1.2.2 and have found a pretty substantial bug.
> Several feeds (for example, all feeds from Technorati, such as
> http://www.technorati.com/watchlists/rss.html?wid=5997) are incorrectly
> marked as having new items on every single pass. Akregator treats all
> items in these feeds as unread no matter how many times I mark them as

I can confirm this one.

1) Start akregator 1.2.2 (Kubuntu Dapper, I think)
2) Ctrl-R to mark everything as read
3) Feed->Add Feed, paste in that URL from technorati
4) OK, OK.
5) Notice feed turned up somewhere w/ 19 unread articles this time
6) Read some of the articles ("read" is a relative term here, since most of it
seems to be spam), or use ctrl-R
7) Ctrl-L to fetch updates
8) Notice all those 19 articles are marked as new again, while other feeds
like "Planet Ubuntu" are not marked new.

> I tried to sign up for the bug-reporting system and never got my
> confirmation email.

It's not unheard-of for the confirmation mail to end up in a spam folder. You
might want to try again or if you like I'll file the bug for you.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/