List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Filters and Imap-Accounts
From:       Chaos Lord <chaos.lord () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-11-13 19:02:37

Hi,

I'm using KMail on a IMAP Server this works quiet well, but th Problems are
the Filters. I do not know why, but sometimes the filters r used and
sometimes not, and I can not discover when.

Two Examples:

1. I get a Spam mail. The Mail is not signet as Spam, and also not sorted.
When I now mark the mail and start filtering manually it works perfect.
Intersting is, that i.e. the next mail is from the beginning filtered.

2. I let my Computer do a simple beep when none of the filters I have work.
Now i get a Mail from a friend which should be filtered to a special folder.
The mail is not moved but the beep comes, so the filters r run, but not every
executed. I asked the friend to send me the mail several times. So he send me
the message every minute for 20 min, so I got 20 mails. The mail was
evreytime exactly the same in sender, subject and body. 16 times, the mail
was moved to the folder, 4 times not. Since check the imap every 5 mins, the
idea came up, that in every run one mail is not phrased. So we run the test
again, sending one email  every 5 min and again some where phrased and moved
correctly, some not.

Does anybody has an Idea what this could be?

Steve